Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The age of being connected has long been here.

What year is it?  1995? 2000? No, it's 2011 nearly 2012.  I have come to a point in my career where I am tired of excuses.  There is no reason what-so-ever that you can not get onto the internet on an almost daily basis if not mulitiple times a day.  I hate to break the news to you, but the internet is here to stay and will only evolve and get better.  So, why am I mentioning this.  Well, it's simple.  If you are teacher, you should be posting your homework, announcements, newsletters, and just about anything that has to do with your classroom on a webpage so parents and students can access information. When I hear, "what do I do with those parents that don't have a computer."  Or I hear, "what do we do with parents that don't have an internet connection?"  I
am almost shocked.  I say are you going to let the 85% of people that do have internet connection suffer for the very few that don't? 

I guess my pet peeve is that you need to be connected!  How can you apply for a job? I almost want to say: "How do you pay your bills?" but I know you can still write a check and mail it in.  Oh wait...the post office is broke and will probably shut down in a couple months or years.  I guess you better get connected and use online bill pay!

No comments:

Post a Comment